Almond Joy Fat Bombs
These Almond Joy Fat Bombs are actually made with coconut butter rather than a nut butter! 🥥We wanted to try and make a no bake butter cup that was made from something a little different and coconut butter just seemed like the right fit! Coconut butter it’s allergen-free, keto friendly, and vegan. 👌
In order to make these you have to slowly melt the coconut butter. Like chocolate, you can quickly go from smooth coconut butter to burnt coconut butter. We tried to keep our coconut butter smooth at all times. However, we discovered that even if the coconut butter seized up a little bit when we mixed it with the maple syrup, it still worked! You can not tell the difference after you make your cups. The good news is that these Almond Joy Fat Bombs work either way.
➕2/3 cup melted coconut butter
➕1 tbsp maple syrup, warmed (or 1/4 tsp liquid stevia)
➕1/4 cup melted coconut oil
➕2 tbsp cocoa powder
➕1 tbsp maple syrup (or 1/4 tsp liquid stevia)
➕12 raw almonds
➕1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- First, line a muffin tin with nonstick muffin liners. Set aside.
- Begin by gently melting coconut butter in a small fry pan on LOW heat until drippy. Note that sometimes coconut butter can seize up, so be extra careful when melting. When it’s drippy, it’s ready to go and doesn’t need to be heated anymore. Measure out the required 2/3 cup of the melted coconut butter and pour into a medium bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of warmed maple syrup to the melted coconut butter and mix until combined. Adding warm syrup is key because the coconut manna will seize up if you add a cold temperature to it.
- Then, using a tablespoon, scoop 1/2 tablespoon into each of the 12 muffin cups. Use your spoon to smooth out so that they are even and then place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- While the first layer is freezing, make the chocolate layer. Mix together melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, and maple syrup.
- Then, remove the muffin tin from freezer and scoop a teaspoon of the chocolate layer on top of the coconut.
- Place a raw almond on top of each cup and then sprinkle on shredded coconut and a pinch of sea salt.
- Place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes or until firm.