Fully Loaded Sweet Potatoes
If there's ever been a time where you've thought, "Damn, I wish there was more I could do with sweet potato"... well your day just got a whole lot better!
There's two ways to go about this recipe...
1. Leave it how it is but change the protein filling and spices so that you don't get bored of the same meal. Try pesto shredded chicken or cheesy, scrambled tofu (made with nutritional yeast) next time!
2. Change your spud boat to thick, crunchy wedges. Chuck them in a bowl and let your filling melt over the fries for another 5 mins in the oven... hungry yet?
Sweet potato is great for the gut & also a fantastic way to get your carbohydrates in for the day!
- 600g sweet potato
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 375g turkey mince (vegan option; chickpeas or crumbled tofu)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g yoghurt (we used yopro)
- Juice of a lime
- Water (for desired consistency)
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Poke potatoes with a fork a few times.
2. Cook for 60-70 minutes until you can easily pierce through the skin. Allow to cool before stuffing.
3. While potatoes are cooking, pan fry coconut oil, onion & garlic. Cook until softened.
4. Stir in spices, capsicum and tomato paste for 30 seconds. Stir in filling of choice with salt to season.
5. Slice potatoes down the centre then fill and garnish.
6. For lime crema, whisk ingredients. Garnish before serving!
Macros per serve // Serves 3
410 Calories, 35g Protein, 43g Carbs, 11g Fats