Protein Banana Bread
Served best heated with a little bit of nut butter on top! 😍🤗 Take a slice to work for your afternoon slump or finish off your macros for the day with this scrumptious treat.
🍃Serves 12 // Macros per serve...
* 1 1/4 cups mashed very ripe banana (make sure to measure out but this is about 3 medium bananas)
* 2 eggs, at room temperature
* ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (can also use melted butter or avocado oil)
* ⅓ cup pure maple syrup (or sub honey)
* 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cup whole wheat flour (or can use white flour or gluten free flour)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* ½ teaspoon cinnamon
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* Optional add-ins: ½ cup chopped walnuts, ½ cup chocolate chips, ½ cup coconut flakes or 3/4 cup fresh fruit
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line a bread pan with baking paper and grease the inside of the pan to prevent sticking.
2. Add mashed banana, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, greek yogurt and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined. Pour into a large bowl.
3. Next add in the dry ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well until just combined. Do not overmix. At this point you can fold in an of the following: ½ cup chopped walnuts, ½ cup chocolate chips, ½ cup coconut flakes or 3/4 cup fresh fruit.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Split a banana down the middle then add on top of the batter or just add banana slices on top, side by side. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Allow bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
5. Once bread is cool, cut into 12 slices. Serve with nut butter spread on top for a healthy snack or breakfast on the go.